The Draft

Filed under: , by: Anonymous

Also known as the NFL draft. I work too much to go position by position and team by team. With the attention that QBs are drawing right now, it's the perfect time to analyze the QBs in the draft. Let's start with the biggest name in the draft.

Matthew Stafford

(+)'s: Clearly the best arm in the this class. Having watched a few Georgia Bulldogs games last year, Stafford had an arm that could excite. I wouldn't quite say he has a JaMarcus Russell-type arm but he's not too shabby. As "experts" like to say, can make all the throws. Game experience. He is seen to have franchise QB potential.

(-)'s: Not terribly mobile. He could shuffle a lil bit in the pocket but didn't show an amazing ability to keep broken plays alive sufficiently long enough. Decisionmaking needs work. Didn't seem to stand up to well in the face of the blitz and different coverages seemed to confuse him a bit too easily.

Projected: 1st round, 1st pick. First QB taken in the draft.

QB most similar to:...Based on his physical gifts I would say Matt Ryan. Stank-0 was not terribly sold on Ryan when he was drafted last year, and I feel the same way about Stafford. Scouts are droolin all over this kid.

I will give the rest of the writers a chance to evaluate the other QBs in this year's draft.

P.S. I had to change the name. Stank-0 informed me with SPS comin on board that's alot of S-names on the roster. So now I am Werdsworth...no Punchline.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails