Dancing...case for #1 seeds

Filed under: , by: Anonymous

I appreciate our newest contributor writing about something other than the Big XII.

The comments section in M0yo's post has garnered debate about who should get the #1's.

Let's run this down proper like:

OU, KU, UConn and Pitt all lost in their first conference tournament games. How can the committee in all honestly reward them for failure? Especially since the committee looks at recent play in seeding the field. OU, UConn, and Pitt were clearly in the running for a 1. KU could have stolen a 1 by winning the Big XII. They were clearly a 2, now probably a 3-5 now.

I agree with Stank-0, UNC, possibly Duke, definitely L'Ville, UCLA, and maybe maybe maybe Michigan State are in the running for a 1 now. That's just fact. They are all still playing. If L'Ville wins the Big East, they are a lock for a 1. I could see UNC being rewarded because it is a name school.

That is all. Now it's time to start gettin your brackets ready.

1 comments:

On March 15, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous said...

The more and more that I look at the rankings and the possibility of seeding the more I see how improbable it is for the BE to get three number one seeds. I do think they will get two though. I think Uconn has played themselves out of a 1. The thing they had going for them was their initial rankings before coming up short in the BET. I'm not sure if they report the last weeks rankings or if they fly right into the dance but I do think if they report the last week and they remain in the top 5 that some consideration should be made. I will say this. Memphis SHOULD NOT be even considered. Syracuse beat them in their own crib minus their second leading scorer. I don't see how they can reward a team who plays wack competition all year.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails