Cuse and Uconn make history on a day of Big East drama

Filed under: , by: Anonymous

Of course, we knew Stank-o would ignore the Big East. I can't really say that I blame him. I mean his beloved Jayhawks took an L from this same Syracuse team earlier this season in a house they had not lost in since 1982. Sour grapes or just indifference? Who knows? but... Just so it's out there the Big East tournament blows every other conference tourney out of the water. The fact of the matter is this...

- 3 top 5 teams - 6 top 25 teams
- Crazy comeback by Marquette and then eventual buzzer beater by 'Nova
- West Virginia beating #2 ranked Pittsburgh
- Oh, and my team, #20 Syracuse beating #4 UConn in 6 OT's

MAJOR drama. Jim Boeheim may be getting a little too old for this. He was at a loss for words as he repeatedly said "Words cannot describe my emotions of this game". You can't say enough about how both teams made play after play as the night wore on. I actually have a new found respect for UConn (a team I dislike to no end) AJ Price played his friggin heart out. He's a balla! point blank period. In the end J fly Jonny Flynn and the Orange crew were not to be denied and I for one am the happiest most tired basketball fan breathing right now. It's was a honor to watch history happen and for my team to prevail as the winner. Look at the box score!

3 comments:

On March 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM , Stankoniforous 0ne said...

Of course I don't care about the Big East. Why should I? KU is still has the championship belt until someone takes it from them.

UConn and Pitt have had a revolving door at #1. Neither wants it.

At this point, the only reliable #1 seed for the Dance is...no one. OU took an early L, KU, UConn, and Pitt.

So possibly L'ville, UNC, Duke, and UCLA are the #1's.

 
On March 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous said...

Big east will get 3 1 seeds if Louisville wins the BET. it would be a travesty if they don't.

 
On March 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous said...

As a non-conference partisan, that's not gonna happen. With UConn and Pitt takin a tumble how do you reward them for early losses. No sir.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails