Commentator group think

Filed under: by: Anonymous

I'm sitting here during Championship week, and I keep hearing one word over and over, transition.

Uh...when did the fast break become transition? Do commentators think it makes them seem more knowledgeable to say "transition?" It irks me to no end to hear someone say, "Such-and-such is so good in transition." That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard.

Why can't they say, "Such-and-such is good on the break." Keep it real it sounds better.

Other phrases that disturb me are hearing, "Such-and-such is the best (blank) in America." And then the next week they are talkin about someone or something else. According to ESPN, Jonny Flynn, Ty Lawson, Darren Collison, the point guard at Pitt, and Jeff Teague are each the best point guard in America.

"....has a great motor." Are they an automobile or an athlete?

I think commentators try to make themselves sound smarter than they really are. Unfortunately, all commentators end up sounding the same. Just call the game like a fan would do, and have your own style and phrases. How difficult is that?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails