Remembering a great player

Filed under: , , by: Anonymous


After McNabb's phone stunt, that got me to thinking about Shannon Sharpe's rant during the Denver- New England game in the 90's. I have the quote below, courtesy of SI.

As caught by NFL Films, speaking into a sideline phone during Denver's 34-8 rout of New England on Nov. 17, 1996 --

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!"


Some more Sharpe-isms.

On his high school grades --
"I didn't graduate cum laude. I graduated 'Thank you, Lawdy.' With my grades, I couldn't have gotten into prison."


It gets even better, there's three pages of Shannon being Shannon. We here at Stankoniforous Files appreciate any player who can run his mouth off the field and then perform on the field. I'm sure Stank-0 would agree. Shannon we miss you. Joey Porter is trying but he's not on your level.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails